On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:52:27 -0600, Mark Zelden wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:57:34 -0600, Paul Gilmartin >wrote:
>
><snip>
>>However, I have found that if SMPJHOME is absent, things work as above.
>>If it's present but invalid, the RECEIVE fails.
>
>Ahhh.. that sounds like the bug.  I didn't think it would ever be needed
>for RECEIVE FROMNTS but I thought something may have changed
>because it sure seemed like it was required in the OP's case from the
>messages he was getting.
>
>If he had opened a PMR (he still can) this can get fixed.

I just retried my test with an intentionally invalid SMPJHOME
(PATH='/etc') and duplicated the OP's result in SMPOUT:

GIM69218I    PROGRAM GIMJVCLT COULD NOT BE STARTED.
GIM23411I    DATA INTEGRITY VERIFICATION WILL NOT BE PERFORMED ON PACKAGE
xxxxx.gimzip BECAUSE ICSF IS NOT AVAILABLE AND
             AN ATTEMPT TO USE AN ALTERNATE SERVICE HAS FAILED.
GIM20501I    RECEIVE PROCESSING IS COMPLETE. THE HIGHEST RETURN CODE WAS 12.

... and in SYSPRINT:

DATE 02/19/08  TIME 07:35:09         SMP/E GIMJVCLT OUTPUT         SMP/E 34.14

/etc/bin/java: FSUM7351 not found

I have some problem with RC=12 after only Informative messages in SMPOUT
Perhaps GIM69218S to indicate the point of the serious error?

M&C is fair on the GIM69218I.  It puts principal emphasis on SMPCPATH rather
than SMPJHOME.  It might do better to make explicit mention of GIMJVCLT if
this is a module commonly associated with SMPJHOME.

Is Kurt Q. listening?

-- gil