On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:37:02 -0600, McKown, John wrote:

> [...]

Funny you should ask.  Maybe because many of the Windows (Server) outages
had to do with non-parity memory?  Or because of the memory protection
schemes used (or not) on other hardware?

Or because it blends in nicely with that whole green stripe thing on the front
of the z10 box???

(I don't see IBM devouring its own children with the z10 announcement - AIX
and pSeries boxen seem safe to buy (for now); I see the z10 attempting to
make advances on the HP and Sun boxen.  Solaris can be run on the z9 but
I'm not at all sure there's anything worth keeping in HP-xX, is there?)

--
Tom Schmidt