In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on
02/26/2008
   at 12:55 PM, "McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I'd hate to do word processing on z/OS

Why? And if you want "WYSIWYG", you can get it as easily under Linux as
under windoze.

(remember DW/370?

Yes. I also remember DCF, BookMaster and BookManager BUILD. I'd take them
over the WYSIAYG software any time.

>I wish that TSO could do some of the things that the UNIX shell
>can do.

And I wish that the various Unix shells could do what TSO can do. And I
wish that ISPF and XEDIT could each do what the other does.

In many cases, you can't do a high-low-equal comparison between platforms
because each has something that the other is missing.