>>> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:15 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Edward Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> Only a very tiny subset of speakers, those that were accustomed to
> printing their handouts on SHARE's "dime," were affected. For them, two
> obvious alternatives were suggested: a) present without handouts or b)
> create -- at your own expense --abbreviated handouts in outline form.

You got it almost right.  Since you didn't get it exactly right, you've smeared
people such as myself that never expected SHARE to pay for printing handouts.
Few, if any, of the speakers work in an office where an unlimited number of
copies is considered acceptable.  For people like me that work at home, things
like Kinkos is the only alternative.  Given the chance to avoid paying ~$250.00
for printing, I jumped on it.  (Even doubled-sided 2-up copies add up when
you're giving 7 hours or so of sessions.  Anything like 4-up gets as many
complaints as no handouts.)

> For everyone else, SHARE was business as usual.

Sure was.  I saw a few hundred pounds of handouts sitting on just one of the
tables in the convention center late Friday.  Not sure how much was on all the
other tables spread around, but it was more than a little.

Mark Post