Did you activate the same SCDS that you updated?

________________________________

From: John Dawes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 3/3/2008 8:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SMS QUESTION - DISKS STILL BEING ALLOCATED

Good Morn,

  I have 2 vols (SMS managed) which I am trying to reclaim, however since there
are some dsns on the packs. I changed the status from ENANLE to DISNEW so that
no new dsns are allocated.  Next, I performed the ACTIVATE (option 8.5) of the
new CDS but I noticed that new dsns are still being allocated on the volume.
Below are the details:

   System/Sys SMS Vol MVS Vol  SMS SG  |  System/Sys SMS Vol MVS Vol  SMS SG
 Group Name Status  Status   Status  |  Group Name Status  Status   Status
 SYA        DISNEW  -------- ENABLE  |  SYB        DISNEW  -------- ENABLE
 SYD        DISNEW  -------- ENABLE  |  SYE        DISNEW  -------- ENABLE

  Have I missed something?  Should I change the status from ENABLE to DISALL?

  Thanks.