David,

  No, there are 23 vols in the same storage group.  The reason I want to
reclaim these 2 is because the volume of dsns has diminished by 3/4 and the
space is no longer needed to be allocated.

"O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Were these 2 volumes the only volumes in the Storage Group? Is that why you
disnew'd the group instead of the volumes?

________________________________

________________________________

Good Morn,

I have 2 vols (SMS managed) which I am trying to reclaim, however since there
are some dsns on the packs. I changed the status from ENANLE to DISNEW so that
no new dsns are allocated. Next, I performed the ACTIVATE (option 8.5) of the
new CDS but I noticed that new dsns are still being allocated on the volume.
Below are the details:

System/Sys SMS Vol MVS Vol SMS SG | System/Sys SMS Vol MVS Vol SMS SG
Group Name Status Status Status | Group Name Status Status Status
SYA DISNEW -------- ENABLE | SYB DISNEW -------- ENABLE
SYD DISNEW -------- ENABLE | SYE DISNEW -------- ENABLE

Have I missed something? Should I change the status from ENABLE to DISALL?

Thanks.