Rick Fochtman wrote:
[...]I disagree with both of these viewpoints.[...]

Rick,
The only thing, I disagree it is Ted's presumption, the thread is on-topic. NO, IT'S NOT. Disclaimers, although many of IBM-MAIN members "carry" them - are *not* on-topic.

Yes, it could be interesting thing and we could discuss it, but:
- it's still off-topic, another mailing list should be chosen
- usually we have no choice of the disclaimers. So, we can consider them as stupind, ineffective, boring, but we cannot change them.

While I could accept (and even ignore) off-topic discussion on the list, I see no reason not to call it off-topic.

Ted, I like you, but you're guilty of starting this thread. ;-)

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

P.S. What do you think about NY governor ? (ok, just kidding)