John,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I think you might be interested in Gilbert
Saint-Flour's CLEANUP program, which can be found in file 183 of the CBT tape
(http://www.cbttape.org). You wanted an easy way to prevent the HSM
recalls, so I think this will suit your needs quite nicely since it only
requires a
one-line insertion into the JCL at the beginning of the jobstream.

//CLEANUP EXEC PGM=CLEANUP

The CLEANUP program has other functions as well, but the one you are
interested in scans the SWA Control blocks for any non-GDG datasets
allocated via JCL with DISP=(NEW,CATLG) or DISP=(MOD,CATLG) and deletes
them up front. Please note the second one as it may not serve the purposes
of your installation. CLEANUP is freeware, so you can copy and modify as
needed, but as usual with freeware, there is no warranty.

Note: This will only be a possible solution for the IEFBR14 deletions you
described and will *not* handle the IDCAMS with NONVSAM. Fixing those will
require some additional work.

Disclaimer: Please evaluate your installation JCL thoroughly and test prior to
inserting this program into any production job. The last thing you want to do
is
to delete a production dataset coded with MOD,CATLG that is designed to
append data throughout the day.

Hope this helps,
Hank