1) Does IDCAMS keyword NOSCRATCH make HSM bring in a dataset before deleting it just like NONVSAM does? I may have observed that behavour...job had NONVSAM NOSCRATCH and HSM brought it in first, after I removed the NONVSAM and I think it still came in (didn't confirm conclusively) until I removed the NOSCRATCH. BTW this was on a user-specific brodcast dataset.

2) z/OS 1.7...I don't think we're even using these userid-specific brodcast datasets, I think they're allocated and then one common one is actually used. What's the easiest way to tell? Seems half-configured to me.