On 18 Mar 2008 07:45:19 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Eisenberg) wrote:

Might there be a way, from within an assembler module, to know whether or not a given load module has been modified via SPZAP? I'm perfectly happy to LOAD the load module, if that's any help.

I know that AMBLIST can tell me if something has been zapped, but that didn't seem like an easy interface to use from within an assembler module.

If there's information about the zap, it'll be in the directory entry. If I wanted to do this, I'd look at the code in the PDS command from CBT. (Or, maybe I'd look into calling the PDS command and reading its output.)

However, it's possible to zap a module and not leave footprints, though it's not the default. You haven't said why you want the info, so we can't tell how important "stealth zapping" is to you.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com