I am looking at converting to IBM Debug Tool V8.1 (Ent Cobol 3.4, soon to be
4.1). My first impression is that Debug Tool puts debug control into the
load module (or points to it in the case of an external symbol dictionary).
That seems incompatible with our development strategy where a program is
compiled once and then promoted through the hierarchy. My concern is
promoting bloated and unoptimized modules into production or needing to
share symbol files across environments (i.e. test and QA) especially when
those programs might have different working storage.

Does this product dictate compiling at each stage with a final NOTEST
compile going into production?

Paul P