We do this all the time. You must have the ftp service running on your
Windows server box. A normal Windows desktop does not come with an ftp
service. The ftp service, believe it or not, is part of IIS on Windows.
Your Windows server should have a "hard coded" IP address. I don't
recommend trying to ftp to a Windows desktop because the IP address may
change. However, it could be possible with an "add on" ftp server and if
you are using DDNS in Windows to register your desktop's name and you
set the z/OS TCPIP resolver up to use the Windows DNS server to resolve
names to IP addresses.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.