Dave;

In order to have a Windows workstation accept incoming FTP, in other
words Windows as an FTP server, you have to run the Windows IIS service
or the equivalent. IIS is an optional component of XP and Vista.  There
are settings in IIS for starting an FTP server and HTTP server, maybe
others.  It's been a few years since I worked with it.  IIRC it's pretty
east to setup, though since this was the part of Windows through which
many breaches of security occurred, the security access part of it might
be more stringent.  It is not setup by default when Windows is
installed.

FTP has 2 sides to it:  A client and a server.  The initiator of the
request is the client and it contacts a server on a well known IP port
(21 is the default).  In your case you want MVS to be the client and
Windoze to be the server, so you need a server running on it somewhere.

HTH,
John R. Sullivan
EMC Corporation
    I would like to be able to kick off an FTP of a dataset to a Windows
platform from MVS.  All of the info I can come up with talks about how
to perform this from the Windows side.  Windows initiated receive.  I
want to do this from the MVS side.  When the file(s) are ready, send
them down to the PC.  Not when the file(s) are ready, go over to the PC,
and run FTP from there to receive the file(s).   Is this possible?  Is
there anything like an FTP daemon that can run on Windows to receive the
data and put it in the desired location?