You could consider running an FTP server on Windows on a PC in your network that has a static IP address, and initiate an FTP session to it from z/OS to transfer the files. We've used the free FileZilla FTP server to do this: http://filezilla-project.org/

..Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Day" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:08 PM
Subject: MVS initiated FTP to Windows

I would like to be able to kick off an FTP of a dataset to a Windows platform from MVS. All of the info I can come up with talks about how to perform this from the Windows side. Windows initiated receive. I want to do this from the MVS side. When the file(s) are ready, send them down to the PC. Not when the file(s) are ready, go over to the PC, and run FTP from there to receive the file(s). Is this possible? Is there anything like an FTP daemon that can run on Windows to receive the data and put it in the desired location?

   --Dave Day