We have changed ours several times over the past 12-15 years.  We always
published a name, never a number.  Some people demanded a number anyway,
some did their own lookup but either way, if THEY had problems, they
were at the bottom of the triage list.

You could do a netstat to see what ports are listening to see if you
have missed any services.  You might be able to get connection reports
to see who is using those ports from your network or from SMF depending
on the application.

You need to ask if any client firewalls have your address in their allow
list, they will need to add the new one as well.  Printers can be a
problem, the mainframe initiates the connection.

Oracle was always a problem for us, for some reason the ORANAMES values
had to be numbers, not names.

Len Rugen