Would you expand a bit on why you think you have to change the IP address?
I didn't really understand the firewall comment.

I think I agree with others that it's more graceful to add a second IP
address first and then monitor any use of the old IP address. If anyone
uses the old address, you can trace it back and notify that user that a
loss of service is imminent without an address change. Run double for as
long as you need, then retire the old address when you feel comfortable.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]