Hi all,

CA-Allocate and CA-Disk (formerly SAMS:Disk and DMS/OS) may be from the same
vendor but there is no overlap in functionality. Why do you say it was
migrated? Can you do a LISTC on the dataset on a system where the CA:Disk
DMSAR task has not been run to install the catalog hooks? If this dataset
has volser ARCHIV then the datset was most likely (if could have been
configured to use MIGRAT but that is rare) migrated by CA:Disk in its
lifetime.  AFAIK CA:Disk has never supported invalid DSNs and there is
nothing it in to rename datasets to invalid names (I have used the product
since the 1980's). Also, with the CA:Disk hooks out you are simplifiying the
diagnosis of the problem.

One very good suggestion was

 "F CATALOG,DISABLE(DSNCHECK)"

and your reply was

 "but because my userid does not have authorization the command was not
permitted.".

At this point that seems your only option.

Tony.

Checked by AVG.
20:52