Indeed, I think Chicagoland is finally experiencing the "nuclear winter"
forecasted by Carl Sagan et al, as a consequence of Iraq "torching" all
the Kuwait oil wells during the "first war" over there.

I doubt seriously that "the mainframe is going away, ha ha"; rather, it
is frequently "wearing new clothes" in the form of "penguin tuxedos" and
other "non-traditional garb".  :-)

    -jc-