On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:40:31 +0100, R.S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Wayne Driscoll wrote:
>> Look in the archives for the past 2-3 weeks, particularly for posts by Sam
>> Knutson, Skip Robinson, Mark Zelden, Ed Jaffe and Peter Relson.  My feeling
>> is that the support will benefit huge shops that have hit a slowdown due to
>> the limitations of the MANx dataset [...]
>
>Just curious: what are the limitations ?
>I haven't seen such list.
>I can see some limitations, but I'm not sure about completness nor
>correctness of my observations.

As mentioned... lots in the archives about this (even before the recent
threads).

1) Speed of offloading (being able to keep up with records being written).
2) Flexibility.

I still have not had a problem with number 1 but I have heard of shops
that do.  Although I don't see why any shop that big on a multiple engine
LPAR can't run their SMFDUMPs at SYSSTC.  I run mine in a service class
with importance 2 and the only time that has had a problem keeping up
was with the "looping" issues I brought up in another thread (we moved
them to SYSSTC to keep up while working on those issues).  IMP=2 is
equal to my production CICS though.  The only thing with IMP=1 is
WebSphere enclaves and DDF work from the WebSphere appliactions.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]