On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:34:26 -0400, Thompson, Steve
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>At least two places to look: MVS Authorized Services Guide and MVS
>System Commands discusses the SYNC aspects.
>
>QUIESCE is a new one on me, and I can't find anything for such an
option
>with a dump.

Interesting.  I can't find SYNC in the Auth Services Guide or under
SDUMP/SDUMPX in the Auth Services Macros.  I *can* find a very
brief description of QUIESCE under SDUMP:
  Specifies that the system is to be set nondispatchable until the
   contents of the SQA and the CSA are dumped (YES)
I wish they had said something other than "the system".  I guess
that means NOTHING is despatched except the dump processing.

I can find SYNCSVCD under SLIP in an old Commands manual (1.4
I think) but not in our 1.8 manual.  Odd.  SVCD is mentioned so
I'm pretty sure I didn't get the wrong manual.

Maybe I should extend the remedial training to include manual
reading.

Pat O'Keefe