Jacky,

You cannot move a JES2 JCL defined PROCLIB while JES2 is up.  If it is in an
SMS Managed pool, you probably need to look at coding PROCLIB statements in
JES2 rather than the JCL.

Mark makes a valid point.
When JES2 had JCL coded PROCLIBs they are not ENQUEUED so if your security
product does not have the general access of READ and only a few groups that
have ALTER, you can have these types of issues.

I would recommend that your security product specify a UACC of READ (if you
are a RACF Shop) and only the group responsible to support JES2 have ALTER.

When a JES2 JCL defined proclib is delete JES2 does not care.  Once JES2 has
opened the PROCLIB data set it builds a TTR list and uses that rather than
going back to the dataset.  It just reads the TTR pointers it built for that
data sets.  I do not have the in depth details on how that works, but if you
are interested, I am sure there are several on this  list (like Mark Z) who
can provide that.

Once the TTRs are built, if the data set is deleted, JES2 just goes on using
those TTRs to access the procs.  Should you compress JES2 JCL defined
proclib you can run into similar issues, though I think you the a HASP
message that states an I/O error has occurred.

My preference has always been for the use of JCLLIB statements in
Application JCL, and PROCLIB statements to reduce these types of errors in
JES2.

Should the recommended actions not correct the problem, you will most likely
need to bounce JES2 so it can find the new home of the proclib data set and
rebuild its TTRs.  If you do need to abend JES2 you do not need to stop
work. However, I think things that use the SAPI interface may abend with
JES2.  This is like VPS or similar products.  IIRC, I have abended JES2 and
not really seen any issues with currently running work.

Lizette

>Hi,
>
>In our system for JES2 RBI1.PROCLIB and RBI2.PROCLIB were defined in
>sequence resp. Later due to some reason RBI1.PROCLIB was deleted and
>recreated.
>
>But after that we are facing problem that PROCs from the RBI1.PROCLIB are
>not getting invoked.
>
>What could be the problem ?

That RBI1.PROCLIB was deleted!  ;-)

Even though the library is not ENQed by JES2 (due to the NODSI entry in
the PPT) the library is still in use.  If the proclib is defined in the JES2
JCL
you'll have to $PJES2,ABEND and restart JES2.  If you are using dynamic
proclibs, just issue $TPROCLIB(*) and that should fix it.