PROFS is still around, although the new name (and new version) is now
OfficeVision. You can get more details on OfficeVision/MVS here:

http://www.ibm.com/software/applications/office/officevision/index.html

Yes, it's available for ordering. The IBM product number is 5685-106.

Re: Faxing, I think I'd echo what everyone else says about e-mailing. For
the occasional fax you can purchase e-mail-to-faxing service (over the
Internet) from any of several companies, then just use the same e-mail path
from your mainframe. PDF would be a good format to e-mail.

However, I do see something in the IBM catalog for a z/OS fax gateway. It's
listed as IBM product number 5620-FIE, and it's called MessagePlus/Open for
z/OS from INTERSCOPE. There's some more information about that product
here:

http://www.ibm.com/software/data/cm/solutions_mpo.html

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]