Edward Jaffe wrote:
Miklos Szigetvari wrote:
Anything special to migrate from z/800 to z9 ?
(We are a small dev. shop, we would like to keep the IO  and OSA config )

Starting with z990/z890, there is no longer basic mode and the I/O configuration changes drastically. You now have the CSS layer and must configure PCHIDs and map CHPIDs to them. In addition, we were unable to copy our image profiles etc. from the SE on the z800 to the SE on the z9. I'm not sure if that's still an issue.

IMHO it's as simple as moving from z/800 to z/900.
The only trick is to "copy" current config from CPC to LCSS.
PCHID-CHPID mapping is an advantage: you can stay with your CHPID numbers unaffected, simply map them to proper PCHIDs.
AFAIR I did new IODF (moving from z/800 to z/990) within 2 hours.
(the above is the proof: it cannot be complicated - I did it <vbg> )

Reset and Image profiles on SE - well, it's so easy to setup so I simply never tried to use copy method. Of course YMMV, especially when having many LPARs

BTW: OSA config is another story - it is not kept in IODF. Precisely it depends on CHPID type. For OSE you have to clone your OAT, for OSC you have to clone your session definition. The last one is AFAIK unavailable on z/800 (I can be wrong), however can be easily moved (via txt file).
For OSD chpids only HCD definitions are to be moved.

My $0.02
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2008 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA  wynosi
118.642.672 zote i zosta w caoci wpacony.