On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:33:56 +0200, Miklos Szigetvari wrote:

>z/OS 1.8 and 1.9 , currently no FICON and we have only the HMC console.
>We would like to use the same CHPID as we had in z/800 ,and  dump the
>IOCDS and OSA config in z800 and load in z9

That won't work. You're converting to PCHIDs. You've got to export your
IOCDS/IODF, run it through a conversion tool and import it back. Your IBM reps
should know about this and help you through it. We missed portions of this and
it was a mess. Make sure you collect and apply all the PSP maintenance too.
That will allow you to import the converted IODF/IOCDS without problems.

Good Luck