On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:08:29 -0500, Rick Fochtman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In RACF sorts, the generic names usually follow the more specific names.
>RACF treats the '&' as x'FE' and the '*' as x'FF' for sorting purposes.
>You might try the same; a simple translate on each name will set it up
>and you can use the same translate table to go the other way after the sort.

Roughly right, Rick.   He doesn't really care about & (for which RACF uses
x'FA' in the general case).

For % we use often use x'FB' and for * we often use x'FC'.  There are some
subtle fine points that can change those values a little, but he probably
doesn't need to worry about them.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design