Okay,

My first choice was originally to sort the generics last, and since it's good
enough for RACF, it's good enough for me.

I wrote a little routine to test the processing out and found that my sort
routine can sort between 2 and 1,000 entries fast enough that I can't tell the
difference between sorting and not sorting the array.  So I guess there is no
reason to limit the array to 1,000 entries.

Thank you very much for your opinions on this, it was driving me nuts with not
being able to decide one way or the other.

Thanks again,

Brian