You could look at the (I'm sure) numerous IDUG, Share and IOD (previously
known as the "DB2 Tech Conference") conference proceedings for all the work
done to DB2 over the years towards query optimization and global
optimization.

Parallel Query, Parallel I/O and Parallel Sysplex Query are biggies.

A pretty big piece is the (ESA V5) implementation of Enclave SRBs with WLM,
done primarily for DB2 and the DDF workload.  See the ITSO manual SG24-4584,
MVS ESA Implementation, Chapter 6 is great - I was reading it just
yesterday.   In a nutshell, "let the query run inside DB2 at the performance
objectives of the application, not DB2's priority"

Going waaaaay back, look into the instigators for cross memory (AKA XA), and
you'll find DB2's names at the top of the list.

The Share presentation from Feb 1999, session # 2515, is also good.  I just
have the slides, and I'm sure the audio would be a good addition. "WLM, DB2
and enclaves - the inside story"

Todd

Checked by AVG.
7:24 AM