Hello Allen,

Interesting research topic.

just some ideas:

1) Organizational development lacking behind the hardware development
2) DB2 z/OS as data preparation and delivery to Oracle Datawarehouse

Some details
1) Organizational development lacking behind the hardware development
To utilize the full power of the modern mainframe you have to rethink
the organisation around the MF. Both on the system engineering side but
also on the application development side. In my opinion, the current
mainframe is far ahead of what most traditional mainframe organisations
can handle.

2) DB2 z/OS as data preparation and delivery to Oracle Datawarehouse
It would be interesting to analyze just how many MSU on the mainframe
that are needed to feed the hungry dataware house databases. In terms of
extracting the data, transferring the data, loading the data.

You can mail me off-list if you are interested in more details or want
to discuss other of your research topics.

good luck
Henrik