I forgot to mention... when I do a "D A,ARC*" command on one of our
systems, I get (in part):

IEE115I 12.04.15 2008.129 ACTIVITY 210
 JOBS     M/S    TS USERS    SYSAS    INITS   ACTIVE/MAX VTAM     OAS
00067    00656    00233      00203    00082    00233/00500       00740
 ARC1MIGR ARC1MIGR IEFPROC  NSW  *   A=00A6   PER=NO   SMC=000
                                     PGN=N/A  DMN=N/A  AFF=NONE
                                     CT=00.24.52  ET=82.54.17
                                     WUID=JOB61406 USERID=HSM
                                     WKL=SYSTEM   SCL=SYSSTC   P=1
                                     RGP=N/A      SRVR=NO  QSC=NO
                                     ADDR SPACE ASTE=0A83A980

So your Operations folks should still be able to find these address spaces
using
the ARC* names.  We are a JES3 shop and we use (E)JES as our SPOOL
browser and I know that there is a difference in what you must search on in
the "activity" panel using JOB name (ARC*) as opposed to the "status" panel
(IEESYSAS), so if you are JES2 and are using another SPOOL browser product,
there may be a difference there, too.  I'll agree that this particular aspect
is
annoying.

Larre Shiller
US Social Security Administration