IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 05/08/2008
12:39:07 PM:

> IIRC, if you look at these jobs via SDSF you will see the name
> IEESYSAS. If you use (E)JES you will see the correct jobname (free
> plug for Ed). As Ed has shown, they should display =correctly using
> a D A command.

  We just investigated this recently.  For a started task,
the procname is normally used as the jobname.  However, some
special processing is done when the procname is IEESYSAS.  ASCRE and
the START command replace the procname with the stepname when the
procname is IEESYSAS, so that the step name is what ends up in the
CHCLS (in the CSCB), ASSBJBNS, and the CSCX ( in the field pointed to
by ASCBJBNS).  Unfortunately, the START command does not replace
IEESYSAS with the step name on the jobcard that it passes to
JES2/JES3.  So from at least JES2's point of view (I don't know
about JES3, we were doing the investigation on a JES2 system), the
jobname remains IEESYSAS, and that is what JES2 puts into the JSAB.
SDSF gets the jobname from the JSAB if there is a JSAB.  If there
is no JSAB (i.e. SUB=MSTR was specified on the START command),
SDSF gets the jobname from the CSCB.

  The D A command I think always gets the jobname from the CSCB.

  So the anomaly is due to IEEVSTAR (START command) replacing
IEESYSAS with the stepname in the CSCB, but not replacing IEESYSAS
on the jobcard.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY