On Thu, 8 May 2008 17:01:41 -0500, Tom Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 8 May 2008 16:24:29 -0500, Todd Burch wrote:
>
>>I’m making an assumption that somewhere in a control block somewhere
>(maybe
>>the CVT, ECVT, or SMF control blocks?), there is a site/company name (like
>>“ACME Inc.”) that is defined at z/OS install time.
>>
>>If this assumption is correct, where could I pick up that data in an IPCS
>>dump?  I’ve looked in the CVT, ECVT and SMCA but haven’t found anything
>yet.
>>
>>(Perspective: clients send in dumps, and I would like to output the client
>>data with our automated IPCS analysis routines.)
>

>There is a 16-byte field in the CVT's prefix area, at -24 decimal from the CVT
>base, which was set aside by IBM decades ago for such a purpose.  The field's
>name is CVTVERID.  (FLCCVT-24)->CVTVERID
>
>Please let us all know if you ever find any non-blank data in that field
from any
>client site.  (I don't expect that you will find that many sites customize that
>field.  I won't be surprised if many on this list are unaware of it.)

I do know shops that use it.  The one that asked me to add the display of
it to IPLINFO (which I do if it is non-blank) zapped it as part of their
cloning process and used it to help easily identify the maintenance level
of a particular system.     Roland added the display to SHOWMVS (SHOWZOS)
also IIRC.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden