To rub salt into the wound: :-)

>Don't feel bad Art. I had to have IBM L2 point this one out at about
>04:00 when everything was down and none of the sysplex lpars would IPL

This parm has been around (at least) since OS/390 2.10. Came in very handy when
the big DR requirements started.

As for JES2 checkpointing in the CF: We only had it in the sysprog sandplex,
and that one got deactivated along with the CFs rather frequently, resulting in
an automatic checkpoint reconfig dialog at restart. I finally took it out of
the CF, as we never got around to rolling JES2 exploitation out into production.

Mark,
Out of curiosity: What's the problem with RACF datasharing? We do that, too,
and never had a problem with fresh CFRM policies.

>Which works great if you know what hardware you will be running on. For
>those who run at a vendor's site, you can't count on this.

Something to keep in mind if we ever have to get rid of the box in the other
location that we use for DR.

Regards, Barbara
--
249 Spiele für nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de