For the method I describe, I don't think you need to know any more any
earlier than for the ring-to-star method. What you do need is a 'driving'
system, in our case the SDM host that was performing XRC mirroring until
the moment of disconnect. I would have thought that any DR site provided a
driving system to get the ball rolling; if not, then you can't use my
method.

If there is a driving system at the DR site, you use it to create the DR
policy and store it in your own CFRM data set by volser before your first
IPL. COUPLExx needs only the policy name. We got creative and decided to
call ours POLICYDR, which is permanently coded in CFRMPOL in production.

One of our original goals for a DR procedure was to keep it as simple as
possible. Assuming that a gaggle of sysprogs would not necessarily be front
and center in a true DR, we might need to depend on any available
operations person or godforbid even a manager type with limited experience.
In the case of a third party provider, you might have a very experienced
person who happens to know squat about your particular environment. The
simpler the procedure, the better chance you have of getting your systems
running ASAP.

             Mark Zelden
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             CHNA.COM>                                                  To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Cleanup a unconnected Coupling
                                       Facility

             05/15/2008 09:29
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

>IBM knew this would put a serious cramp in customers' DR procedures, so
>they invented the CFRMPOL parameter in COUPLExx. The sole purpose of this
>parameter is to name a policy to activate at IPL if the CFRM couple data
>set indicates that no policy is already active.

Which works great if you know what hardware you will be running on.  For
those who run at a vendor's site, you can't count on this.

Mark