From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Practical jokes for mainframe systems programmers

Rob Scott wrote:
> I worked at a site once (many) years ago where some bright spark once
wrote a program called "IJKEFT01" whose sole purpose in life was to just
ATTACH IKJEFT01 *unless* it was the "target" userid in which case it also
ATTACHed an extra TCB that randomly generated strange abends at random
intervals.

In school, *someone* wrote a program called "FUN" that simulated the
"command prompt" of the interactive system we used. FUN was a simple
program that waited for some input from the user, wrote an exact replica
of the message that would appear when an unrecognized command was issued
(similar to IKJ56500I COMMAND xxxxx NOT FOUND in TSO/E), and then
re-issued the prompt and looped back to wait for more input. Watching
people's reactions, while FUN was running, was FUN! :-D

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc