F wrote:
> We use IMS and DB2 on z/OS today and was wondering if we should consider
> moving to distributed systems like Oracle or SQL Server.
>
> Reason being, we are concerned about mainframe skill sets on IMS and
> DB2. Also the news around many systems moving away from mainframes keeps
> us wondering what to do.

This seems funny to me since my recent (past 5-10 years) experience with folks
claiming
Oracle and SQL Server skill sets reinforces my opinion that DB2 on z/OS is
still on rock
solid ground.

There is a truly scary lack of "SQL Server skill sets" in today's marketplace
and not much
in terms of Oracle skill sets either.  Nothing to bother writing home about
anyway.

If any company is considering a move from z/OS and DB2 to SQL Server or Oracle
would truly want to know about it.

--
Tom Schmidt