On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:21:52 -0600, Howard Brazee wrote:

>I've read that Apple will be changing to a reliable file system with
>Snow Leopard.   I haven't read that Microsoft will be ready with one
>soon.

What's "reliable"?

There were rumors (wishful thinking?) that Apple was considering
ZFS.  Didn't happen in Leopard.  Perhaps in Snow Leopard.  Is
ZFS "reliable"?  What is required for reliability?  Data
journaling?  RAID?  Concurrent remote copy?  Could Microsoft
be made reliable by Samba sharing from a reliable server?

(No, not that "ZFS", the real one.  Or are they the same?
Isn't either one tradmarked?)

-- gil