Sorry, Chris, but availability/(god like function :) does not always
equal use by or even perception of the need.

The truly greatest disappointment I have with "new age" developers is
that they are now running into the same issues that people before me
solved decades ago with mainframe development. And they are reinventing
when they could do some research and learn from past experience.

It has become far to easy to reinvent the wheel!