Hello,

        Comparing a subscript that had just changed  to its maximum value
before using it in any
other operation would prevent the majority of abends and storage
violations at my current facility.
Of course, in the event that the maximum is exceeded, an orderly
termination with the proper notifications
must be coded for.

EdP

"J. Chiampi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>