Peter

You misunderstood. I wasn't talking about the "raw" option but your
contention that "raw" wasn't supported. You were entirely correct.

Now you have explained and it looks just like what I described in my response
to Natarajan as "echo" mode. So indeed such a protocol, efficient only when
used on dedicated wire between the asynchronous ASCII device and the
computer where the application resides, is *not* supported by the TSO
TELNET command. However it is supported by the otelnetd server.

I learned all about this topic even before I started playing with UNIX systems
by having to teach X.25 PAD and the 3708 protocol converter. There's no
better way to drive the point home than by having students in an X.25 class
enter set 2:0 .

Chris Mason