From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DB2 V8 and Unicode

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:10:19 -0500, Hal Merritt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I -knew- I count on you guys :-)
>
>1. There is no UNI= in IEASYS
>2. Both the SYS1.SCUNI datasets are cataloged and SCUNIMG is both APF
and
linklisted.
>3. From the IPL:
>   CUN2046I AN EMPTY UNICODE ENVIRONMENT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
>   CUN2005I CONVERSION ENVIRONMENT SUCCESSFULLY INITIALIZED
>4. Were the migration actions performed to remove CUNUNIxx parmlib
members
as documented in the z/OS 1.7 migration guide? - Don't know. There are
such
members in PARMLIB. Could that be my problem?

No, those are the migration actions and it looks like you have the
correct messages at IPL time.

>Upon a -lot- of digging, I found where someone had issued a SET UNI
command.

What commands?

>So, so far it sounds like I need to delete the two parmlib members and
IPL.
Am I getting close?

You could be missing the required PTF that will cause the image to load
for DB2.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden