We choose to not allow any shared DASD across Sysplex boundaries.

It eliminates a whole class of problems.

* sharing PDSE across Sysplex doesn't work but if you make it possible
someone will try
* RESERVE from another Sysplex much harder to identify and on the wrong
volume can bring down your Sysplex quickly
* Update without proper serialization from another system damages a disk
data set in your Sysplex
* data set read or updated without audit trail in the SMF data recorded
on systems in this Sysplex

You can take steps to prevent these but we have enough to worry about
with things that can go wrong inside a single Sysplex running on
multiple storage subsystems, LPARs, processors, VTS, etc.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                System z Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."