>From the section of the ISPF manual that I previously referenced:

<quote>
ISPF uses these translation tables:

t   2-byte input translation table
t   2-byte output translation table
t   Uppercase character translation table
t   Lowercase character translation table
t   Valid terminal output translation table
t   Generic string master translation table
t   Alphabetic character translation table
t   Collating sequence translation table
</quote>

These tables are globally set in ISPF and are not customized by the code page
that you set in ISPF. There is a single, "hard coded", set of translate tables.
The default table that comes with ISPF is for CP-037 (I think). If you need
some other translation, then the sysprog must customize the table. But it is
GLOBAL to all ISPF users that have the table. I guess it could be "per user" by
having a whole set of load modules, each in a different library, and which one
gets fetched would depend on which DSN was in the user's STEPLIB or ISPLLIB.
But it could not be changed "on the fly" to the best that I can see.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and/or
confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited and
could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal offense.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply and delete this message
without copying or disclosing it.