<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             A<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  The _ONLY_ thing that changed is that ISPF knows the code page and ZTERMCID
> is filled in. ISPF itself doesn't do anything with that info.

Please take everything I say with a grain of salt , because I'm certainly no
expert in code pages. But I don't think it's correct to say that ISPF doesn't
do anything with the info returned by ZTERMCID.

I just did an experiment where I displayed panel 'EOXQW11' (which on my system
is found in 'EOY.SEOYPENU'). With both my emulator and ZTERMCID set as CP-37,
this is part of what was displayed on the panel:

Each qualifier must begin with an alphabetic
character (A to Z) or one of the special
characters @, #, and $.

I then repeated the test where my emulator and ZTERMCID were both set to
CP-278, and again I saw exactly what is displayed above. But when I changed my
emulator to CP-37 and left ZTERMCID as CP-278 (and vice versa), this is what I
saw:

Each qualifier must begin with an alphabetic
character (A to Z) or one of the special
characters Ö, Ä, and Å.

As you can see from above, it *does* make a difference whether the emulator and
ISPF are both using the same code page or not.

Dave Salt

See the new SimpList(tm) rollover image at:
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm

If you like crossword puzzles, then you'll love Flexicon, a game which combines
four overlapping crossword puzzles into one!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208