-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Terminal SYSIN in TSO Logon Proc

<SNIP>

SYSIN and SYSPRINT are not used by TSO. I have never seen them coded in
a TSO logon procedure. However, doing so harms nothing.
<SNIP>

I have seen them so coded (way back when). Probably on an old system
running TCAM.

Meanwhile, they CAN BE used by CLIST and REXX when invoking programs.
Does that constitute TSO (in CLIST case)? But this is an old thing going
way back to when SPF was just a dream (and ISPF wasn't even a gleam in
anyone's eye).

And so, if you decide to invoke a utility, such as IEBGENER, within your
CLIST code, you will need to point SYSIN and SYSPRINT to somewhere other
than the terminal. Then when the utility has finished, point them back
to the terminal.

Regards,
Steve.T