I would agree, and that's what I thought, until I see that the default logon
proc in the ServerPac and also the logon proc example in the TSO manual both
have SYSIN and SYSPRINT to TERM.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Kenneth E Tomiak
Sent: 19. heinäkuuta 2008 17:25
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Terminal SYSIN in TSO Logon Proc

I would say running your CLIST, REXX, or any other language code is not TSO
itself, so if other DD statements are allocated in a logon proc it is for the
application, not for TSO.

Sometimes people add things to a logon proc not understanding true needs,
too. I have seen SYSPRINT added into steps that never use it because
someone thought that is where output goes. And SYSIN is where input comes
from. And then it gets propagated to zillions of other steps.

So a vendor provided logon proc might include them because they know an
application they designed the logon proc for will need them.