We had an issue last week where we needed to add memory to one of our LPARs on
the fly.  We keep some memory marked reconfigurable but we've never had to use
it before.  We found out that we had to configure all our reconfigurable
storage that the LPAR in question knew about online in order to get any of it
online because you can only configure elements apparently.

That's not the issue.  My issue with IBM is that when I went into the System
Commands book to try and research why we had to do it this way and what our
alternatives were I discovered that the section on Central Storage
reconfiguration has not been updated since ES9000 days.  Since the book talks
about how up to 64M of memory is broken up and since I was complaining because
my machine wanted to vary memory on or off in 128M chunks (awfully small when
you're talking about 50G) this isn't very helpful.

My question is what is the best way to call IBM's attention to this?  The
reader comment form in the back of the book is something to be mailed in.  I
don't think that will get very far or very fast.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to call IBM's attention to this issue?

Thanks,

Jim Horne
Systems Programmer
Large Systems Engineering & Messaging IS7-5
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
401 Elkin Highway
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
336-658-4959