Kurt Eastwood wrote:
Hello,
First off let me say I am not an FTP expert. We currently use FTP on the mainframe to send files to various sites. We also use SFTP on the UNIX boxes to send files to various sites. I am looking for any information or help on using SFTP, which I understand to be 'secure ftp' on the mainframe to send files with sensitive information in them. Is SFTP really a 'secure ftp'?

There are several flavours of "secure ftp".
It can be FTP over SSL/TLS, it's sometimes called FTPS - this is what you surely have. It can be sftp - AFAIK ftp over SSH. It is available on z/OS as free and unsupported tool. AFAIK it supports HFS files only (I mean anu Unix file, regardless of filesystem type: ZFS, HFS,e tc.) I vaguely remain some other type of "secure ftp", but I can't remember any details.

HTH

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2008 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA  wynosi
118.642.672 zote i zosta w caoci wpacony.