Do you have any links to SFTP sources? Google search results were
confusing and ambiguous.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Walt Farrell
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: secure ftp on the mainframe

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:00:55 -0700, Kurt Eastwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Is SFTP really a 'secure ftp'?

SFTP is not FTP at all.  It is a secure, FTP-like communication
protocol.
(SFTP here, is a function provided by the ssh protocols.)  I'm not sure
anyone has really stated that in this thread, so I thought I'd mention
it.
Others have discussed additional details that I don't need to repeat.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design

intended