Hello,

First off let me say I am not an FTP expert.

We currently use FTP on the mainframe to send files to various sites. We also
use SFTP on the UNIX boxes to send files to various sites. I am looking for any
information or help on using SFTP, which I understand to be 'secure ftp' on the
mainframe to send files with sensitive information in them.

Is SFTP really a 'secure ftp'?

Can SFTP be used on the mainframe and if so can anyone give some guidance on
how they use it and what is needed to begin using it?

Is SFTP for the mainframe an additional program that you have to purchase?

I find FTP in TCPIP.SEZALOAD but cannot find any reference to SFTP on the
mainframe.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Kurt