On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:02:44 -0600, Roger Bolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>John,
>
>Terry is right.  Strictly speaking, PRINTDEV is a program control
>statement for a subsystem, not a job control statement.  See
>http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.zos.r9.ieab500/iea2b540181.htm
>
>--Roger

I stand (or sit) corrected. But, in my JCL parser, how would I process such
a thing? If subsystems can dynamically add what appear to be control
statements, what should be done with them? In this case, the easiest thing
would be to process them more like "instream data" than JCL. Is that the
correct thing to do?

How do these "program control statements" get processed by the JCL converter
/ intepreter? Are they converted into internal text?

--
John McKown